PDA

View Full Version : Flatstyle CCF - DM.Lighting.Devices vs system\InsteonC\XX.XX.XX\Level variables?

jndreu
March 3rd, 2012, 11:17 PM
I am hoping someone can help me understand how the DM.Lighting.Devices NetRemote variables are populated in the Flatstyle CCF file.

I have modified the Lighting section of the Flatstyle CCF to include some floorplans of my house with light icons in various locations representing different insteon devices. When I touch a light icon, I have a slider window pop up that allows me to adust the light level (i.e. chance the value of system\InsteonC\XX.XX.XX\Level variable where "system" is the name of the PC running G5). This is working for the most part but I have discovered an issue that seems to be tied to the DM.Lighting.Devices variables.

It seems that the DM.Lighting.Device variables are limited to only 8 devices. Coincidentally, up to 8 insteon devices are displayed on the lighting page at a time. If there are more than 8 devices, you can scroll to the next set of devices, and the 8 DM.Lighting.Devices variables in NR are updated accordingly to reflect the new devices that are currently being displayed in NetRemote.

The problem I have uncovered is that my floorplan has more than 8 devices on it. If I use the slider for a device that is currently listed as one of the 8 DM.Lighting.Devices variables, it works fine. If I use a slider on my floorplan that is not currently listed under DM.Lighting.Devices the slider will move and remember its position (so I assume the \Level variable is beign updated) but it does not change the the physical device (i.e. the light level will not change) so basically the slider is rendered non-functional. This seems odd because I am directly adjusting the "system\InsteonC\XX.XX.XX\Level" variable for the insteon device and it does change the value of that variable...

I cannot figure out the linkage between the "DM.Lighting.Devices" variables and the "system\InsteonC\XX.XX.XX\Level" variables? How do the DM.Lighting.Devices variables get populated and why are they restricted to only 8 devices? How do I remove this dependancy so that no matter what "system\InsteonC\XX.XX.XX\Level" variable I want to adjust it will work properly?

I even tried changing the "columns" value from 8 to 20 in the Looping property for the DM.Lighting frame which added new corresponding variables under DM.Lighting.Devices but the new ones are all blank. I also tried deleting the Lighting.Devices and Lighting.Locations frames in the lighting page group all together and the DM.Lighting.Devices variables still remain in NR....What is going on here???

I can post my CCF file if that will help...

jwilson56
March 4th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I am not Promixis but maybe I can help some.

Not sure this is the answer all your questions but look in the Promixis\Netremote\luascript\DM\Lighting.lua file for this section:

function DM.Config.LightingDevicesPerPage() -- override this function in the CCF's Lua file if necessary
return 8
end

Change that 8 to what you want. That might fix part of your problem.

You could post your CCF as that would help to see what your trying to accomplish.

jndreu
March 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Thank you so much John, this did help to solve my problem and everything is working now.

I just wish I better understood what all of the code in that lua file is doing and why my sliders are dependant upon it when I am not even modifying those variables (at least I think) anyway... :-)

For you or for anyone else interested in my CCF, I am attaching it FYI. It is still a work in progress.

I have another question for you related to NetRemote but I will post via another thread in the NetRemote forum as I realize I posted this one in the Girder 5 section so it's probably not appropriate to continue the discussion here...

Thanks again for your help, it is much appreciated.