PDA

View Full Version : How to open .m3u playlists in Flat Style CCF?

jndreu
March 4th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I am building a customized NetRemote interface for a touchscreen in my house based on the Flat Style CCF. I am currently using the existing music interface almost verbatim, together with JRMC and I think it is great.

The only thing that I think it is missing (for my purposes anyway) is the ability to load .m3u playlist files. I have quite a few playlists already built in this file format and I would love to find a way to incorporate them into this CCF. I am not sure if JRMC/Mediabridge support this functionality or where to even start to try and add this capability.

If anyone out there (John? :-) ) has any ideas/suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!

jwilson56
March 4th, 2012, 09:35 PM
That is really not a NR issue. More like a JRMC one. I found this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67228.0

Using JRMC can you load the .m3u playlist into JRMC? If so then you could load them one at a time and then save that playlist out to a standard JRMC playlist which will then be seem by Mediabridge and show up in NR. If I am understanding the problem....as I never have used .m3u files before.

jndreu
March 5th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks John, once again you answered my question. I just went into JRMC and created a new playlist, dragged over the .m3u file which immediately populated the songs into that playlist, restarted NR, and voila, it shows up now in the treeview. Appreciate your help. For some reason I was thinking I had to do all of this through NR, not really thinking that NR is just another way of controlling JRMC :-)

BTW, I'm surprised you haven't heard of .m3u playlist files before... they are pretty much a universal method for creating playlists - essentially it is a file which has pointers to all of the MP3 files and can be opened by virtually any music player. Eliminates the need to create custom playlists that are specific to any one media player application.