View Full Version : Control Stereo Integrated Amplifier from PC master volume

April 15th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I'm looking to buy Girder and PIR-1 to control Mute/Volume on a stereo. I would like to control the volume from my TV remote and from my PC master volume control. Is Girder able to do that. If yes, let say I slide the volume to 50%, how Girder will be able to know how many up or down command to sent to the IR transmitter?

April 15th, 2012, 03:16 PM
IR is inherently a one way protocol. So if you wish to control your amp by IR the only way you can get it to 50% is by first sending enough IR codes to make the volume go all the way down to 0% from Max volume (and thus any volume) and then send enough IR codes to go from 0 to 50.