PDA

View Full Version : IR Profile Editor "Learn" locks USB-UIRT

jesonger
April 21st, 2012, 03:23 PM
I'm trying to build a profile, but when I press the USB-UIRT "Learn" button, the USB-UIRT stops recognizing commands (the LED stays dark, and Girder receives no more input). I need to unplug/replug the USB-UIRT to get it working again, and to restart Girder to get it to recognize the input (sometimes requiring Task Manager to end it's process).

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Ron
April 21st, 2012, 08:46 PM
Can you try to learn using an Action on the GML tree and then copy and paste the CCF over?

jesonger
April 22nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
Using the Event Properties\Learn button... no problem -- I can paste that CCF into the device's IR Code field.
Using the USB-UIRT Action\Learn IR Code button... there is no USB-UIRT response until after I hit Cancel.
And as before, the IR Profile Editor\USB-UIRT\Learn button disables the USB-UIRT completely, requiring a restart of Girder and the device.

I should mention that I'm new to IR Transmit, and I'm confused by the mention of different types of IR code. I'm hoping that you can point me to a page that can clear my confusion. I also haven't figured out yet why I would want to define the device in IR Profile Editor, when what I'm trying to do is simply transmit a code. When I take the CCF learned from the Action\Learn button & paste it into either the USB-UIRT Action or the Send IR CCF Action, the transmit light stays on a long time, and it doesn't control the device.

So, Girder seems to have a bug in it's USB-UIRT plugin, maybe my hardware, and I'm definitely confused. Any more thoughts?