PDA

View Full Version : Multiple PIR-1

aldare
May 5th, 2012, 03:28 AM
I have one PIR-1 and would like to buy another one, both would be connected to the same computer. I understand there is a device identification for each device allowing to connect more than one. For outgoing ir signals through "Send CCF" action I can select desired device, but I would need to be able to select the device for events as well. I can see "Event Device", but there is just "Raw: Promixis PIR-1 Driver" available. I cannot find the way how to specify source device for incomming events. Is it possible and if so, how could I achieve it?

Ron
May 5th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Currently you cannot distinguish incoming signals. I can easily change the code to do that if you need this.

aldare
May 5th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I am planning to have 2 or more zones and I need to know what zone is the signal comming from. I might solve it with combination of PIR-1 and UIRT, but having two PIR-1's would be much better. Especially once there would be more zones. If you could do it, I would appreciate it!

Ron
May 7th, 2012, 08:53 AM
No problem. Please unzip the attached zip over the Girder install. Make sure it overwrites the existing files. Then start Girder and make sure you check the "Use Zones" check box in the PIR-1 settings. You will have to restart Girder to have those settings take effect.

aldare
May 8th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Thank you, Ron. I tried to apply this driver, but when I did that, then started the Girder, I couldn't see PIR-1 pluggin at all. There was only "Promixis PIR-4 Driver" in the list. When I applied pir-1.0.4.zip (from the original PIR-1 page), it worked ("Promixis PIR-1 Driver" was in the pluggin list). Do you have any idea why?

Ron
May 8th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Sorry about that. Looks like you got the debug release.

aldare
May 8th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Ok, I can see the plug-in in the list. But I still can't select the device. I have the checkbox checked and the Grider has been restarted. How can I now select the device for an event? Is it "Lua: PIR-1" in the "Event Device" dropdown? If so, it is not working for me, it is always reset to "Raw: Promixis PIR-1 Driver" when Event dialog is closed and reopened.
Thank you

Ron
May 8th, 2012, 09:23 AM
By far easiest way to add events is by having the log open and triggering the event. Then you'll see it in the log. From log drag the event to where you'd like it in the action tree.

Ron
May 8th, 2012, 09:24 AM
and of course you trigger the event by connecting the ground to the left or right channel on the audio plug.

aldare
May 8th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Ah ok, I see. The device ID is a part of the event string. Works a bit different than I would expect but it does it's job. Thanks a lot, Ron!

Ron
May 8th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Great! Glad it's working.