PDA

View Full Version : IR Profile Wizard

jsl
June 8th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I'm trying to find a simple way to get IR codes into the Global Cache Send IR CCF function. It looks like I should be able to use the IR Profile Wizard to create the files, but I can't get the Global Cache to show up as an IR Output Device, only the PIR-1. I have the Global Cache enabled in both the Plugins and Component Manager. For what it's worth, I can learn the codes using the USB-UIRT.

What am I missing? (It's probably something simple)

Thanks,
John

jsl
June 13th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Any ideas?

Ron
June 13th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I'm not 100% sure the GC component is integrated with that and it won't let me test without a GC. Sadly I don't have one at hand atm. Looking at the code for "GC Tutorial 3b" it looks like it would work. You can find this in the transport manager in the dropdown box at the bottom.

jsl
June 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I can add that to the Transport manager, and the GC shows up as connected but doesn't show up in the Wizard's IR Output Selection as an output device - the USB-UIRT is the only device that shows up there. Do I need to do anything else to get it to show up?

Thanks,
John

Ron
June 13th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I have to close and re-open the wizard window for a PIO-1 to show up. Which does IR output as well using the same base class InfraRedTransmitterCCF so it should work. If still not I suggest getting Girder 5.1

jsl
June 13th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Hi Ron,

I get the same thing with 5.1. The only options I have for an IR Output Device are the 4 USB-UIRT options (1, 2, 3, All). I'm still making the transition from 3.3 to 5.0 - is there anything else that I need to do to get it setup?

Thanks,
John

Ron
June 13th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Very strange indeed. If all else fails you can always use actions directly and not the profile manager...

jsl
June 13th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I can do that - it's just a pain because the only way that I've found to reliably make that work is to learn the IR codes using the USB-UIRT Action (by learning the codes twice to get it in the correct format) and then copying that into the GC Send IR CCF action. Is there another simpler way to do this?

Thanks,
John

Ron
August 22nd, 2012, 03:01 PM
Alright found the problem. Place the attached filed in the Luascript\Classes directory and restart Girder.

Basically what happened is that the new iTach's use different error messages.

jsl
August 22nd, 2012, 06:45 PM
Hi Ron,

I'm still not getting the WF2IR to show up as an IR output device in the IR Profile Wizard, only the USB-UIRT options. I've tried it in both Girder 5.0 and 5.1. I added it in the Component Manager>Transport Manager using the "GC Tutorial 3b". It shows as Connected in the Transport Manager. Do I need to do anything else to add it properly?

Thanks,
John

Ron
August 22nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Use the Global Cache Component not from the transport manager but from the "drawers" on the left hand side. You'll find Global Cache under the Misc. Drawer.

jsl
August 22nd, 2012, 08:58 PM
OK - that seems to be working, but how do I get the functions that learn into an action that I can trigger with an event?

Ron
August 23rd, 2012, 06:32 AM
exactly which action are you looking for?

jsl
August 23rd, 2012, 09:23 AM
Never mind - I figured it out. I like how this works. Thanks!

jsl
August 23rd, 2012, 01:23 PM
One more question - is there any way to modify or rename the default functions that show up in the IR Profile Editor? There are a couple that I use that aren't in the standard list.

Ron
August 23rd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah just edit them in the IR Profile editor, you can change the names freely. Just not in the Wizard.

jsl
August 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
OK - I see that. Now I've got another question: I have a whole group of commands for a device - a Panasonic TV for example - triggered by NetRemote. If I want to switch that group of commands over to different device (a Samsung TV that I've created in the Profile wizard) is there any way to make a global change for all of the group's commands or do I need to go into each command and change the Device?

Thanks,
John