View Full Version : Ajax sendevent syntax, i can't figure out

September 19th, 2012, 01:32 PM
as you can see from
thread 20938-Sending-HTTP-commands-to-webserver
it took me a while to figure out how to get iRule to send events to Girder, but I finally figured it out. Now - I need to figure out the right syntax. I would like "sampleevent" (like "volumeup") to show up from the WebServer in the logger so that I can use the event to go off and trigger other actions.

I am using
but the only thing that shows up in the logger is
from Source WebServer
no matter what content i put in "sampleevent" and "sampledevice"

what syntax do i need to use to have a simple event show up?

September 19th, 2012, 02:35 PM
ok - i figured it out

the syntax is:

The 18 can be substituted with any number. If you use 18, the Source will show up as Girder. If you use any other number the source will show up as the number. I don't know why it has to be a number - I don't even know what the device operator means, but if you are like me and just want a simple event to show up, this will get you there. If you follow this syntax and my prior post on iRule you will get two events in your logger:

then you can use sampleevent to trigger an action in Girder. Of course the text "sampleevent" can be anything (e.g., volumeup). So - you can assign different text to lots of buttons, those different events will show up in Girder, and you can trigger all kinds of actions.