PDA

View Full Version : Website wizzard

Matthew Evans
November 28th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Hello

I would like to create a webste that works like a wizzard. A user will select the options they want ans they go through the wizzard and when they press go at the end.

Is it possibe for an event flow in Girder 5 to be paused and the resumed by another event.

Thanks.

shaun5
November 28th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Can you describe the event you want to be able to pause?

Matthew Evans
November 29th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Hello

I have a website that generates girder events, event ID 18. It is desighned to run a conference controll system that incudes a video conference system. Using both serial and ir commands via a number if global cache box's. I have got the system working but only on click on the website generaing a single event followed by a number of actions. This works well but a wizzard based system has been requested for ease of use. the the idea is that as you run through the wizzard your selections in the website generate events in girder that are then saved. Once the wizzard has been compleated all the events that have been sent from the website and saved or paused are started setting up the room as requested from selections in the wizzard.

Ron
November 29th, 2012, 06:26 AM
If Girder doesn't need to do anything until the end why don't you save the state information in the webpage ( I'm thinking javascript or even cookies ) and only send the actual event at the end based upon the stored state.

shaun5
November 29th, 2012, 07:56 AM
From your description, I am imaging an array of actions either passing from the wizard or per compiled within Girder. In either case, I will have to assume you have a Lua script action stepping through the array of actions. If my assumed configuration is close enough to reality, you could send a second event that sets a stop variable to true and reconfigure your array processing to stop when true.

If my assumptions are too far from reality, I would need more information.

I can imagine having issues actual equipment I a half on/off state. I would consider changing the user interface to insure the user is doing what they want (vs starting something they want to stop). In a keyboard/mouse interface, I have done things like having to hold down the ctrl key while clicking or in a touch interface having to 'press and hold' a touch on actions that are not easily stopped or undone...