PDA

View Full Version : OSC addon for Girder

bcslaam
December 9th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Hi
Has anyone written a OSC (Open Sound Control) addon for girder? OSC being interactive it would allow for button and fader states to be interactive. Then I could use burnsmod oscpad with android tablet to control a gc-100 to ir commands.

I am a beginner and novice and am trying to get my head around this rather unsucessfully. I did see a midi addon somewhere but I'm struggling to understand how to make a simple 24 button interface using html. OSCpad would be so cool if I could get girder to understand OSC.

Cheers
Ben

bcslaam
December 11th, 2012, 10:38 AM
bump+

anyone?

Manser
December 12th, 2012, 01:19 AM
That's what i'm looking for too...

I want to control a Behringer X32 via Girder/Netremote. Is there a plugin for OSC or does anybody know how to send OSC commands?

I tried to send the OSC commands that i found on the Behringer website (Product page/Downloads) via Docklight Scripting (a cool tool to send and analyse RS-232 and IP commands), but i had no success. Can OSC be sent like other serial commands?

Thanks for everybody's contribution, i'm lucky even if you tell me that you've no clue ;-)

Christian

bcslaam
December 12th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Just as a starter here is an extract from the OSC project intro at opensoundcontrol dot org

Open Sound Control (OSC) is a protocol for communication among computers, sound synthesizers, and other multimedia devices that is optimized for modern networking technology. Bringing the benefits of modern networking technology to the world of electronic musical instruments, OSC's advantages include interoperability, accuracy, flexibility, and enhanced organization and documentation.

This simple yet powerful protocol provides everything needed for real-time control of sound and other media processing while remaining flexible and easy to implement.

Features:

Open-ended, dynamic, URL-style symbolic naming scheme
Symbolic and high-resolution numeric argument data
Pattern matching language to specify multiple recipients of a single message
High resolution time tags
"Bundles" of messages whose effects must occur simultaneously
Query system to dynamically find out the capabilities of an OSC server and get documentation

It seems to me that for someone who's familiar with girder an addon should be straight forward :) (says he who know nothing about it)

Manser
February 25th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Hello

I'm actually busy trying to write a driver for the transport plugin, but i'm somehow stuck.
Is it possible to send UDP via the transport plugin??

Thx
Christian