PDA

View Full Version : Girder 5.1 crashes with Windows Media Center

fredrikno
December 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Hi,

just upgraded to Girder 5.1 and I start to see problems with Girder crashing.

Girder seem to crash immediately after sending a "<MEDIA_STOP>" to Windows Media Center using a Keyboard action.

It is 100% repeatable on two different computers running Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Problems are seen both with my own GML file for Media Center and the 'Universal HTPC' gml found on the forum here
No problems on the same computer when using Girder 5.0. It has been rock solid for years with Girder 4 and 5.0.

I upgraded to 5.1 to gain support for the PIR-1 I just bought this week from Proximis. I have previously used an IRA-2 (RS-232) receiver. The crashes also occur regardless which receiver i use so it doesn't seem to be receiver related.

Any advice how I can debug this?

/Fredrik

Ron
December 18th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I'll try to reproduce this here. But if 5.0 was good for you we can get the PIR-1 working on 5.0 as well. ( just a matter of copying a few files )

Ron
December 18th, 2012, 07:40 PM
check the bottom of this page for the PIR-1 driver for 5.0

http://promixis.com/pir-1_doc.php

fredrikno
December 19th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Thanks Ron,

I must have missed the link to the driver. I installed it in 5.0 and it works and is stable.

If you want my help testing something to get 5.1 working I'll be happy to help. If not to ensure that 6.0 will work for me once out.

/Fredrik