PDA

View Full Version : Serial plugin for Optoma projector

jonrigg68
January 3rd, 2013, 04:07 AM
Hi, every few years I seem to come back and ask the same question! DOH!

I have just changed from a plasma to a projector and need basic control of this via RS232. All I need is on/off and 3D SBS. I have the ascii codes and the command ID, eg n=1 and ~xx00 n for power on.

I am using girder 5 and have enabled the generic serial, but for the life of me I can't remember what is next?

I have tried searching the forum and have seen reference to 5.1, but would like to get this going with 5.0.14 which is what I am using, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

jonrigg68
January 3rd, 2013, 11:24 AM
looking at all the posts with people asking similar questions it seems there is no one who can help the novices with getting things like this working. if I cant get serial working X10 is the last remaining thing stopping me moving to Eventghost.

heres hoping someone can help with some pointers?

jonrigg68
January 3rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
I have tried to create the lua script for the Optoma projector, I am not getting any errors in the script console but kust wondered if one of the "experts" could cast their eye over it and tell me if it looks ok. I am not worried about any settings as I can do these from the generic serial send command. The Optoma is looking for:

8 databits
no parity
1 stop bit
no flow control
UART16550 FIFO disable

thanks

jonrigg68
January 3rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
sorry attahcment

jonrigg68
January 4th, 2013, 04:07 AM
in case there are any other people in the same boat, this works for me, feel free to use as you wish.

thanks to me and 2 days solid of looking at various forums!