PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire III

GBC
February 13th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Has anybody had success using girder with the Spitfire III USB universal remote control?

shaun5
February 14th, 2013, 07:47 PM
I had never heard of it. Seems a little out dated and would probably be a headache if you have to start from scratch. To minimize work and gain support, I would use a one of the Girder, IRTrans, or Global Cache devices.

GBC
February 15th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Do any of these devices have an on-screen virtual remote type of interface to send the IR signals from my computer to my components?

shaun5
February 15th, 2013, 09:54 PM
With girder, you can customize a web interface to control any connected device (including the ones I listed). The webpage can be accessed through the computer Girder is running on or any other device that has a web browser on your network. If you configure your router to forward the correct port to girder from the internet, you could access the webpage anywhere you have internet access....

With the network versions of the devices I listed, you can have Girder running on a computer and the equipment you want to control in another room (wirelessly if you get a wireless device and have a wireless network).

To answer your question: I think there is something like that with the IRTrans with the database option and I believe Global Cache's next generation of device will have an HTML page with saved codes.