View Full Version : Help with controlling SONOS volume from Girder 5

April 11th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Hi forum

Could anyone help me getting my Girder 5 adjusting volume on my SONOS.

I only need to adjust "volume up" and "volume Down"...

I can not seem to find any information here unless java or perl knowledge is high.

Im not familiar with java or perl ... or programming at all.

Could someone please help getting this working with a simple command triggered by Girder 5.

Thanks for any input

April 11th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Is there a web api or do you need to go through IR ? Any links to documentation you have been reading about this?

April 11th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Hi Ron

Have no documentation. But it can be controlled with iPhone, iPad and android. I have found several java and Perl Projects, but it looks to me that a deal of programming is needed to get it working.

I just purchased the new SONOS Playbar and would like to control it with a command line Tool or best directly from Girder with IP commands.

April 11th, 2013, 11:21 AM
searching on the sonos forum there are a few things floating around but sadly sonos is not making this easy. This would take a bit of work to implement.

April 11th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Sorry to hear that ... would really like to control SONOS from Girder ...

IR control is a no go from me since i use the BEO4 remote with irtrans and Girder (Bang Olufsen remotes are not recognized since they transmit on different IR spectre).

Girder handles all communication to HTPC, TVs, ONKYO receiver and light.

April 11th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Did you have a look at this one:

April 11th, 2013, 12:15 PM
The commands that can be used resultet in me looking around for other solutions.

I cannot give a volume command each time. I need a "volume up" and "volume Down" function to get it working as intended.

And as far as i could find out that is not supported