PDA

View Full Version : Link to OSD Builder program.

Ron
October 13th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Slash problem is fixed (1.0.1)

worldrave
I'm not sure where else easier this link is to this very usefull program yet
other then a link in a topic others may not have been lucky enough to have read or noticed so here it is!!!

http://www.girder.nl/downloadn.php?Link=385

This program is to allow someone with A lOT of files (media,mp3) to use an have an osdmenu.ini automatically be made.
BTW- You can customize the ending file made by modifiying the osdbuilder.ini file that's included with the zip file. Like change the top menu header to 'Bob's Menu' instead of 'SaMpLe MeNu' or the font size and number of items per page and colors. By changing the info in the sample file, every time you build one using .exe file, it will use those settings you made in sample .ini in every resulting .ini file. Easy to use and understand too!!

Would be cooler if it was more of a Front end type program instead of DOS COMMAND only style, but maybe this might change in a future release. (Hopefully). Neverless this is still VERY usefull as is with little effort.

BTW- If using multiple subdirectories, there is a bug in it i found that when making the file, under the subdir. it uses a "d:\music2/filename.mp3" instead of "d:\music2\filename.mp3" ('/' instead of '\' after subdir. name. So just change these using substit. option in wordpad and that will fix the bug for now. Had to let everyone know why the subdir's wouldn't work, this is why. Works fine when done.

worldrave
Thanx.

renierv
December 3rd, 2002, 04:06 PM
I used the osdbuilder program (which by the way is phenominal!) but some directories don't display. Instead when selected, the OSD drops to only hold about HALF of a capital letter S (with borders and all) if you use the mouse/cursor to scroll in that selected window, it crashes girder. You can close it [the OSD] and re-open it with no problems though.

I've checked and I can't seem to find any correlation between the directories that have this problem. (similar text characters, formatting, etc...)

I've drilled down further in the OSD in directories and files selecting them, and that works fine, so it's not a length limit (not in the context I was thinking anyways)

Has anyone else encountered this?

Van Renier

yogidamis
June 14th, 2004, 09:36 AM
where i can find osdbuilder.ini ??
Couse im not see it in archive

bazil749
February 23rd, 2005, 11:51 PM
Anybody have an updated link or care to post the file here?

ryanosman
March 25th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Here it is.

Rysiu
May 7th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Hi
Can You send me this file on e-mail: crab@o2.pl
I can't download it :confused:
BIG THX