PDA

View Full Version : New Mediabridge released 2.4.0.1

Ron
June 7th, 2013, 12:52 PM
We just released Mediabridge 2.4.0.1

It has the following changes:

Fixes on iTunes plugin for image cache filenames that are invalid.
Added support for JRMC 16,17 and 18
Modified JRMC code to try and detect view names. Newer JRMC create default views, use these.

This release is in preparation for Girder 6 ( which has the new NetRemote replacement built in ).

b4d1
June 9th, 2013, 11:36 AM

Modified JRMC code to try and detect view names. Newer JRMC create default views, use these.

This release is in preparation for Girder 6 ( which has the new NetRemote replacement built in ).

Hi Ron,
Thanks for this Mediabridge update.
Any idea concerning Girder 6 release date?
Cheers,
b4d1

Ron
June 10th, 2013, 06:21 AM
We're pushing really hard to get it wrapped up this summer. Public beta should start soon.

b4d1
June 10th, 2013, 06:44 AM
We're pushing really hard to get it wrapped up this summer. Public beta should start soon.

Thanks Ron, that's a really good info.
I hope to be qualified for the public beta.
Cheers,
b4d1

Ron
June 10th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Yeah, the beta will be public and available to anyone.

b4d1
June 10th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Yeah, the beta will be public and available to anyone.

Ok!
Last question :
Which lua engine version is embedded in Girder 6?
Cheers,
b4d1

Ron
June 10th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Girder 6 has Lua 5.1 embedded.

tonyG
July 11th, 2013, 07:04 AM

Hi Ron, Really excited to see Girder 6 coming with elements of Netremote. I shall hopefully migrate my GUI away from HouseBot (I know, I know).

With regards Mediabridge. Some of the players are now old-hat. Have you considered integrating XBMC? It's got a new HD audio engine. It's album and artist information is streets ahead of the current players, and would offer a new level of artist detail. It's free and well supported. It comes with some useful (I hope) integration connectors. If not straight away, what do you think regarding feasibility?

Thanks for all the work, and will be watching for V6 beta..

Ron
July 11th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Once Girder 6 is out and we have freed up some development time we are definitely looking at updating the supported players. We'd need to research what the most popular ones are right now.

tonyG
July 11th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Thanks Ron, makes perfect sense.

Ron
July 11th, 2013, 08:21 AM
I'm happy to start a poll here. Besides XBMC what other media players are large right now? (apart from the already supported ones)

tonyG
July 11th, 2013, 08:38 AM
XBMC: Rich artist information gathering (cover art and album info automated through internet sources). HD audio engine (recent). Full range of audio formats. Free. Very large Userbase, but with film bias
Foobar: Light. Good range of audio formats. Free. Maturing product and good userbase.

yamy125
July 17th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Network players. Squeezebox and SONOS. Squeezebox unfortunately EOL, but SONOS following is big and would be awesome to integrate both into NR/G6. My strong vote is for Squeezebox though (as I have it - hehe).

VicVonDoom
July 21st, 2013, 03:02 AM
+1 for sonos integration.
The only 3rd party control system that I know that can control it is control4. Even the crestron driver is ropey.
I think you could clear up if you could provide decent sonos support.

jwilson56
July 28th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I use a Grace Digital Tuner and it works with Girder. They are getting pretty popular with all their models.