PDA

View Full Version : Correct Girder version for Tira-2.1

marswill
July 11th, 2013, 12:10 AM
I purchased a new Tira 2.1 device and have spent much time installing/uninstalling Girder, Windows drivers, and plugins without success.

I believe that I have the current Windows D200X drivers (which seem to register fine in WinXP and Win-7), but the Tira-2 plugin immediately crashes when used with either version of Girder.

Is there a correct combination of software components that works best with Tira and Girder? I am using this product and driver:
home - electro slash tira2 . php
home - electro slash tira_support . php#Downloads

Do I need to purchase the non-eval version of Girder for this functionality to be realized?

Attempted:
Girder-5.1.0.590.exe - hangs on Win-7-64 after entering Settings with Tira plugin installed.
Girder-5.0.14.551b.exe - crashes on WinXP-32 immediately with Tira plugin installed.

Plug-in:
tira_plugin4a.dll + tira2.xml

Windows drivers:
"TiraLatestDrivers" = CDM 2.06.00Tira, year=2009

(Btw, I've tried to read all of Ron's and slavka012's posts regarding compatibility, but no luck after several days.)

Thanks,
__Will
San Jose, CA

Ron
July 11th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I'm afraid this is a known issue with the TIRA driver. It crashes Girder. We have notified Home Electronics of this but alas. (The TIRA drive is written by home electronics, not Promixis)

marswill
July 11th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I'm afraid this is a known issue with the TIRA driver. It crashes Girder...
Thanks, Ron.
Girder looks very complete and mature, however. And I was attempting to determine if perhaps an older version of Girder (e.g. 3.31) would had been working with the (relatively old) Tira driver and plugin.

Questions:
1) Do you know if it is was the Tira plugin DLL or the Tira D200x Windows driver that caused the incompatibility with Girder?

2) Do you have a recommended IR device that works well with Girder? Purpose: an IR transmitter-receiver that can be be used to automate testing of several home theater components for demonstration purposes. This means highly reliable and repeatable operational sequences

3) Is Girder compatible with network-based IR transceivers or transmitters?
examples: IRtrans, AMX EXB-IRS4, Global Cache GC-100-12

4) Is Girder expandable to near-simultaneous control of multiple devices? I might want to expand the control up to 16 TVs, AV-receivers, and DVD players.

5) Would this require a special version of Girder? (for multiple devices).

Thanks for your answers,
__Will

Ron
July 11th, 2013, 02:16 PM
1. Sorry I do not know.

2. The Promixis PIR-1 (http://promixis.com/pir-1.php) or the USB-UIRT.

3. Global Cache: Yes

4. Yes

5. Probably Girder 5 Pro.