PDA

View Full Version : triggering events from phone

Pinkie2
August 10th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for ideas how to trigger an event from my mobile after the connection to a certain NFC tag.
I've found already APPS that can call an URL after connecting via NFC but I don't know how to use this to fire events to girder.
Any ideas?

Ron
August 10th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Look at the example html files in the httpd subdirectory of the Girder installation. More specifically the file "events.html". It shows you how to trigger an event by hitting a webpage or from javascript!

Pinkie2
August 10th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks Ron,
I know how to trigger events on a webpage with ie onclick but have no clue how to do so from the browser's adress bar or similar. Can I call a script from there? I'd need advice here...

Ron
August 11th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Check your event log. Simply hitting the webpage will create an event on Girder 5. You might have to enable logging for the web-server as it is turned off by default. (File->Settings->logging)

Pinkie2
August 11th, 2013, 09:48 AM
AWESOME! Just had to create a certain page first for a specific ... Don't want everything going off every time I go on the main page ... But with that page incl redirect to main page it works like a charm!

Ron
August 11th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Cool. Glad it's working!