PDA

View Full Version : Creating/finding interface to control basic entertainment center components…

Analogkid
August 16th, 2013, 05:56 PM
I am a quadriplegic for the most part. I can use my laptop with an attached mouse and wireless buttons to trigger left/right mouse buttons.I am looking for an application that will control my television, DirecTV, stereo… Using girder, this would seem like a very simple thing to do. I am highly confused on a number of items.Using IR profile editor I haveCreated manufacturer(Toshiba)/Device (television)/and "learned" a few simple functions like power, input, arrow up, arrow down. All of these functions work nicely When I click the test button.

And that's where I sit currently. I can browse to my local host and bring up a simple diagram of a remote control. When I click on the buttons that correspond to the functions listed previously, I get nothing… No blinking light on my PIR-1 indicating transmission. EDIT EDIT EDIT: I do get a corresponding BlinkWhen I click on the buttons that I have "learned that." EDIT EDIT EDIT…In fact, the only way I can even send A signal to my PIR-1(Much less to my television or DirecTV, etc.) is by using the Test button in the IR profile editor.

I am missing some basic concept, I think. I thought I was a fairly good system engineer… I guess I was wrong. How do I construct a way to control my PIR-one, consequently my entertainment center? How do I "draw" a picture that has numbers, function buttons, a power button?

Lost, paralyzed and frustrated!
Craig

yonu
August 16th, 2013, 09:15 PM
what shows in the girder logger when you click on the button in the browser?

Analogkid
August 17th, 2013, 10:50 AM
what shows in the girder logger when you click on the button in the browser?

Web server /dmex2/ajax/getstatus.LHTML (this repeats every 2 seconds or so)
PIR-1/blah blah blah (name of the device, I believe) ir sent

As I said before, I have only "learned" up, down, volume up, volume down, input, and select. When I click those corresponding buttons . The LED on the PIR-1 blinks and I get the "IR sent" in the log.when I click any of the other buttons I don't get anything in the log and I don't get a response from the PIR-1.

Thanks for the reply! A long time ago I used to be a programmer…command line C, Visual Basic, COBOL (that really takes me back). I know I can do this, but as I said, I must be missing one vital thing… I really appreciate the feedback :-)

Ron
August 17th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Looks like you are quite on your way already. Just a few buttons don't do anything. Can you attach your web files and the GML that you are using?

Analogkid
August 17th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Looks like you are quite on your way already. Just a few buttons don't do anything. Can you attach your web files and the GML that you are using?

I wish I knew what Web files are being used. The same goes for the GML. I hear people talking about these files and I even have downloaded a few posted on this forUm. I don't have any idea what they do! I also think I need to clarify what happens when I click the buttons on the web interface. The buttons that I have programmed, when clicked. They make my LED blink but it isn't performing its function. Power doesn't turn on my television. Input does not bring up the TV on-screen input… When I click on any of the other buttons doesn't make my LED blink and it doesn't perform its function.

doing all of this I have followed the user guide!