PDA

View Full Version : getting ready to start XBMC plugin

yonu
September 17th, 2013, 03:37 PM
ok I have a couple of question I am getting ready to start a XBMC plugin and am curious and need to know from the folks that have done plugins/mediabridge before should I do this as a media bridge addon or as a girder transport? should I do this for Girder5 or 6?

If i do this for media bridge is there a way to have it access remote instances that aren't on local pc?

Thanks,
Yonu

Ron
September 17th, 2013, 07:12 PM
If you do a MediaBridge plugin it will work with Girder 5, Girder 6, and the old NetRemote. I think that would be the way to go. Also MediaBridge can be connected to remotely.

yonu
September 17th, 2013, 07:41 PM
If you do a MediaBridge plugin it will work with Girder 5, Girder 6, and the old NetRemote. I think that would be the way to go. Also MediaBridge can be connected to remotely.

ok cool I will start looking at the mediabridge code now I want to get this straight if I have the XBMC running on a linuxbox on the same network I can have mediabridge see it?

Sorry if any of this sounds stupid I just want to make sure how I code this will work for my needs but still be usefuls to others

Ron
September 17th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Well that really depends. I don't know the XMBC API. If it exposes a network API that you're in business.

yonu
September 17th, 2013, 07:49 PM
not sure if it exposes a network api or not I will have to check.when you say network api what protocol and/or language is best I know that the new version supports websockets just not sure to what extent

Ron
September 17th, 2013, 07:55 PM
MediaBridge plugins are written in .Net so it can do about anything.

yonu
September 17th, 2013, 07:56 PM
ok thanks is there a basic template or example as I noticed in the mediabridge folder is all precompiled dlls

Ron
September 17th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I believe this file should get you started: http://promixis.com/download.php?ID=988

yonu
September 17th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks I will have a look at it

yonu
September 17th, 2013, 10:04 PM
what version of visual studio are the sample files in?

yonu
September 18th, 2013, 01:09 PM
I had a look at the sourcecode file in notepad and it makes very little sense is this due to the fact of not looking at the full VS project in VS? sorry I havn't messed with .net in a while

Ron
September 18th, 2013, 06:35 PM
yeah you probably should look at the whole thing in VS. I haven't looked at that file in a while but it's most like VS 2008

yonu
September 19th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Ok I had a chance to get it open in VS but I have a stupid question I am including a screen of where I am ok I am using the MBPlayback section for reference I see Play and stop and all here but where to I actually put the code I need to write? and the same witht he initialization code to open the connection what does it go under sory just trying to make sense of the SDK

yonu
September 28th, 2013, 05:09 PM
I have made some progress but I am having a little trouble figuring out where to put the commands to create the connection to the XBMC instance. sorry if this sounds stupid.