PDA

View Full Version : Analyse and Reset transport connection from lua for connectionfailed

jon1977
November 30th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Hi,
I have an issue at the moment when using Transport via TCP or local COM that some other piece of software (as of yet undefined) is snatching the com port on a reboot while girder is trying to connect. It then says ConnectionFailed in the transport manager, and with multiple transport connections it also seems to stall and doesnt even try to connect any more.
i suspect it is my touch screen controller as this is the most recent thing added, but thats a separate issue!

If I go to the transport manager, select the 'bad' transport, select edit, then select ok it all fires back into life!

My question is: Is there a variable that I can look at for each of my transport connections such that I could routinely check them for a bad status?
Is there then any way to force a reconnect rather than it just stopping and saying ConnectionFailed?

I have scoured my variable inspector and can't see a status logged for a transport, but it must be there somewhere!

With thanks
Jon

jon1977
December 6th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Just an update on this.
I've found the rouge piece of software using windows process explorer and disabled its ability to look at all COM ports by adding a registry entry to force connection to a defined port, but my query still stands.

Is there a variable that I can look at for each of my transport connections such that I could routinely check them for a bad status?
Is there then any way to force a reconnect rather than it just stopping and saying ConnectionFailed?

With thanks
Jon

jon1977
December 31st, 2013, 02:14 AM
Bump.
Any advice with this?
Thanks
Jon.