PDA

View Full Version : PIR1 - how do I get the two different zones in the minijack?

Mastiff
February 23rd, 2015, 05:56 AM
I may just be dumb (not the first time...), but I can't get any more options for the PIR-1 than front or back sending. I see Front, Back and All as choices. I thought it could be a firmware update thing, but when I used the IR Studio to try to update, it set my PIR into a mode called "LUFA CDC", which I couldn't find a driver for. Anyway, since I bought this quite recently, I would assume that the firmware is the latest. But is there something else I'm missing here? I'm using Girder 5.1 with it. Is there a newer driver or something hidden away that I haven't found yet?

And another thing: WHen I send with it, I get a "PIR-1/ (serial number, I guess) IR Sent in the log with a red error X as the icon. Is that normal?

Ron
February 23rd, 2015, 08:13 AM
Sorry Tor, Girder 5.1 doesn't have a driver that supports the 2nd channel. Don't tell me you need that. :)

Mastiff
February 23rd, 2015, 10:04 AM
Well, the buying of two PIR's with the Y cables might imply that, yeah... ;)

Mastiff
February 24th, 2015, 02:49 AM
To elaborate: I have a Philips TV and a Marantz receiver that has the same codes for lots of stuff, and I needed the PIR's two zones to split the signal so I could send the commands to the TV out via the general setup (Xantec powered block) and the signal to the Marantz directly to that. I also have a couple of other things that I would like to keep separate (Panasonic Blu-ray which has the same power command as an older Technics receiver). Is it possible to use the 6 driver in any way?

Ron
February 24th, 2015, 08:26 AM
It shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'll try to get something together today.

Mastiff
February 24th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Brilliant, boss! Thank you very much!

Ron
February 24th, 2015, 11:41 AM
unzip the attached file into the <GIRDER>\plugins\UI directory. It should warn you that you are overwiring PIR-1.xml, that is a good thing.

Restart Girder and you should have the other values available in the dropdown.

Mastiff
February 25th, 2015, 02:59 AM
Yessir, I do! Thank you very much! :) I haven't tested it yet, but I will get to that tonight.

Edit: I see that there is no option to only use back 1. Is that by design or an accident? It's possible to use front and back 2 separatly, but not back 1.

Mastiff
February 25th, 2015, 12:09 PM
I tried to test it now, but I found another problem: It's just like my teenage daughter. It refuses to learn! ;) I can't learn the code I was going to test it with. It just shows "55" by he button. And when I tried to learn through the IR Studio, it seems to learn something, but the program crashes when I click to convert it to CCF. Any idea what that can be?

Also I can't get it to send anything without learning, it seems. It flashes and registers when it receives, but sending doesn't seem to do anything, with the original driver or the new one. Can this be a faulty unit? Wouldn't that have messed up the receiving as well?

Ron
February 25th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Can you just for fun download G6 and try learning. We've improved it a lot. Then just grab the CCF code and place it back in G5.

Mastiff
February 25th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Already had it on my work computer, so no problem. But it doesn't work to send. I can learn with that, but the code is not received (with blasters set to all). Weird stuff.

Ron
February 25th, 2015, 12:25 PM
copy and paste the CCF here, let me have a look at it.

Mastiff
February 25th, 2015, 12:29 PM
033641ad570b210a002880a8000002aaa80000000000000000 |075001ad2b00000a00000000000000000000000000

This is not the learned one, that's the one I tried to use from another place (USB-UIRT action). They should be compatible, right?

Hang on, I think I messed up on the learning. Seems like it wasn't saved in some way. Btw should the green light flash when sending?

Ron
February 25th, 2015, 12:31 PM
No not compatible. USB-UIRT has a RAW format that is proprietary, I don't know how to decode. Yeah green light flashes when sending.

Mastiff
February 25th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Sorry, got it working. It's the new concepts... ;) Hadn't applied the learning!

Mastiff
February 25th, 2015, 12:32 PM
But the USB-UIRT format is the same as the Philips CCF. I mean the sending format, not receiving format.

Ron
February 25th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Well USB-UIRT has two sending and learning formats. CCF which is compatible with PIR-1 and RAW, this RAW code is what you posted above, the PIR-1 can't do anything with it.

Mastiff
February 25th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Aha, I see! So that was a learned format, while if I paste a CCF format into it, that will stay the way it is. Got it.

As for the problem, I can send with G 5.1 no problem. All works, front only works, and back 2 only works. The only one it doesn't have is back 1 only. :) Still not learning anything, though. And I see that when I'm trying to teach it something the logger shows that the unit is reaciving signal, just like when I'm using it without learning. Does that tell you anything?

Ron
February 25th, 2015, 12:48 PM
The selection named "Back" = "Back 1". Just learn with Girder 6.

Mastiff
February 25th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Seems like that's the option, yeah. Well, thanks for giving me the zone!

Btw shouldn't the IR studio work without crashing anyway?

Ron
February 25th, 2015, 01:03 PM
In an ideal world with infinite developer time sure!

Girder 6's code has integrated all the features that the IR studio has (minus the firmware upgrades).

Mastiff
February 25th, 2015, 04:52 PM
OK, thanks! I'll be playing with that, then. ;)