PDA

View Full Version : Girder6 Rasperry Pi PIR-1

phit03
March 22nd, 2015, 11:33 AM
Running Girder under root and managed to record and then send an IR stream successfully.

However, I've noticed that when I look in the log (logger tab) there's a continuous stream of "PIR-1 arrived" and "PIR-1 removed" messages. Is this normal?

Ron
March 22nd, 2015, 01:22 PM
That's not normal no. Can you copy and paste a part of the log so I can see the timestamps?

Also can you try Girder + PIR-1 on a windows machine to see if that happens there too.

phit03
March 22nd, 2015, 03:33 PM
That's not normal no. Can you copy and paste a part of the log so I can see the timestamps?

Also can you try Girder + PIR-1 on a windows machine to see if that happens there too.

Screen print attached of Raspberry Pi screen (started as in process).

Tried on a Windows PC, no messages at all in the log referring to the PIR-1 (I did an IR capture and transmit to prove that the PIR-1 was working OK on that machine).

Ron
March 22nd, 2015, 03:37 PM
I wonder if you don't have enough power on your Pi. Can you run the PIR-1 of a POWERED usb hub?

phit03
March 22nd, 2015, 04:10 PM
Tried it with PIR-1 plugged into a powered USB hub with same result.
Also removed the USB Wi-Fi so that the PIR-1 was the only USB device and still the same result.
The power supply is rated at 2 amps.

phit03
March 22nd, 2015, 05:09 PM
I started Girder from a command prompt in the foreground. This is the output from the ./girder command in case it helps.

On another matter, I normally connect to the Pi using MS RDP from a Windows PC and run Girder from the RDP desktop (it's a lot quicker than using X11).
This seems to cause problems with keyboard input e.g. if I try to input data from the keyboard it's gibberish, it works OK if I use Xming from Windows though. The RDP keyboard works fine with other applications though. It sounds like a keyboard set up problem, any ideas what may be causing it?

Ron
March 22nd, 2015, 05:16 PM
Thanks for that. That helps, but I can't yet figure out what on earth is going on there. I'll have to dive into this.

phit03
March 22nd, 2015, 05:18 PM
OK thanks Ron.

Ron
March 22nd, 2015, 05:20 PM
I have one hunch,... I'll try to get to that tomorrow...

phit03
March 27th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Thought I'd try installing Girder on a Pi Model B with 512MB (the problem install is on the latest Pi Model B Mk2 - quad core with 1GB) starting from scratch with a clean install of Raspian Wheezy.

This install doesn't exhibit the PIR-1 problem so I'll re-install on the Mk2 exactly as I did on the older Model B and see if that clears the problem.

phit03
March 27th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Clean install of Raspian Dated 2015-02-16, apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, apt-get install xrdp, apt-get install xdm and apt-get install girder on the Model B mk2 fixed the problem.
I thought that this is what I had done previously but this time I did a format/erase of the microSD card before installing the image.

Ron
March 27th, 2015, 08:07 PM
OK cool.... I have a feeling that two Girder might have been fighting each other... One running on startup and one started by separately. Either way glad it's fixed.