View Full Version : Problem installing Girder 6

May 2nd, 2015, 07:45 PM
I am on Debian 8.0 and when I try:

sudo apt-get install girder

I get:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
girder : Depends: qt5-girder (>= 5.3.2-1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Does anyone know how to correct this ?

May 3rd, 2015, 02:09 PM
Nobody have an answer ? Ok, well, I guess I will drop back to Debian Wheezy.

May 4th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Did it work on Wheezy?

May 4th, 2015, 09:00 AM
It did. I had to install the Desktop (Gnome), but I wanted to run headless. I also had to install libegl1-mesa for some odd reason. I just followed the trail of broken issues when I tried to start it.

May 4th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Sorry about the trail. I'll see if I can do a build for Deb 8 soon. That should make things easier as it has Qt 5 already included.

May 4th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Thank you, Ron. Debian has made it difficult to go back to Wheezy. The only download that they offer atm is Jessie (8.0). The first thing that you will find on Jessie is that they do not install certain apps that you will depend on by default (such as sudo).

May 4th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Girder backend does run headless btw. You need to install the X11 packages but do not need to run X11 for Girder back-end to work. If I have time this summer I might split the .deb into front and backend packages.

May 5th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Yes, I just disabled the startup of X and it is headless now. Do you have an environment script to set up Qt5 ? I noticed that you have all the pieces precompiled (including Qt5UiLoader for load_ui). I would like to take advantage of that set up as opposed to having multiple Qt setups.