PDA

View Full Version : Bug + related question

ih8gates
May 11th, 2015, 06:36 AM
I'm trying to use an "execute" action to launch a BAT script. I'm specifying a session. Whenever I execute the action, Girder crashes. If I remove the session setting, it works fine.

I'm running Win8. I submitted a crash report via the application yesterday.

The reason I'm trying to use a session: I've got a SqueezeBox player that gets its settings from environmental variables. I've set up events in Girder to close the player, run a batch file that changes the environmental variables (using setx) and then re-launches the player.

I'm noticing that the player doesn't see the changed env variables when Girder launches it, but it *does* see the change if I click on the desktop icon (which launches the same program that I launch from Girder).

I'm wondering if my issue is that the env variables are applicable only to my session... but it seems like if the app is launching from Girder and I'm seeing it, that it's in my session, no?

I've tried adding some "wait" time, but that doesn't change the outcome. I can wait several minutes and the Girder-launched version of the player still doesn't see the change in env variables.

Ron
May 11th, 2015, 07:04 AM
Sounds like a bug yeah. I saw your bug report. Will investigate today! Thanks for the feedback, will let you know what I find ASAP.

Ron
May 11th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Bug fixed for next release. Note that this shouldn't cause a crash if the node was triggered by an event. It only crashed for me when triggered via "Run".

ih8gates
May 11th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Yup - I was testing with "run"s, so it wasn't triggered by an event.