PDA

View Full Version : NetRemote Requests

harleydude
May 13th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Ron,

In previous versions of NetRemote we had certain capabilities that I am requesting for the new NetRemote. This is my first request, others to come as I rebuild my setup in the new enviroment.

Through lua code I could request a list of devices by device type, Security\Zone, Security\Output, Light\Switch and Light\Dimmer and use the result to build a graphical list of devices. I know that this is already in place, however it does not quite suit my needs.

dmModel.base = Promixis.DeviceManagerModel.LOCATION_BASED;
any chance of getting something that can we can create a data model by requesting device types as listed above.

Thanks

Ron
May 13th, 2015, 08:53 PM
I'd have to filter the device returned by the devTemplate. That is doable. This will take a few days as I have a few other things that need taking care of first.

harleydude
May 13th, 2015, 08:58 PM
That brings up my next question. How do I specify a device template when a device is created from code?

Ron
May 13th, 2015, 09:04 PM
set the devTemplate property of the device you are creating, it's a string.

harleydude
May 13th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Any problem with setting devTemplate as Security\Zone for a Zone device? I want to make sure that other devices do not share the same devTemplate as ones I create with the Elk plugin.

Ron
May 14th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Currently we only have one devTemplate in use: CCF_TRANSMITTER. This is a device that exposes one or more Control::CCF controls. We probably need a bit of a system here at least a description of what each devTemplate is expected to do. Can you describe Security/Zone ( use a forward slash )?

harleydude
May 14th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Security/Zone exposes two controls, Condition and Mode. Condition is defined as LABEL and Mode as LIST.

rickerdo
May 14th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but, Rick, your inbox is full. I could not reply to your last PM.

Ron
May 26th, 2015, 08:50 AM
We've added template based filtering

dmModel.base = Promixis.DeviceManagerModel.LOCATION_BASED;
dmModel.templateFilter = "THERMOSTAT";

Now you get only devices with Thermostat in the template ( and more specific thermostats like THERMOSTAT\DOODUD )

Will come out with next release.

harleydude
May 26th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Cool!!

Thanks Ron