PDA

View Full Version : option to switch to the software based rasterizer on Rpi? Netremote crashes it!

declan slater
May 22nd, 2015, 12:10 PM
when running on the Rpi, as soon as I click on netremote dynamic, it hangs girder instantly...

any options? I tried running as root (sudo su -) too...

I hope to get it to run on a little 2.4" touchscreen connected to the Rpi...

Thanks!

Ron
May 22nd, 2015, 12:36 PM
I've seen that behaviour with the file execute if Girder is running inproc. Just start NetRemote manually from the commandline instead of running it from the menu. This is something deep in the Qt/Linux/pthreads that causes this issue.

declan slater
May 24th, 2015, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm such a noob, very sorry... finally figured out how to run netremote from the command line...
now how can I get past this error, please?

I tried pointing netremote to a few different files I found on the system, this one is found in ui/kvexample called "test.qml" - is that the right file to use to just get a button on screen as a test?

It won't seem to start without a file, unlike with windows where it starts out blank and you make your own design...

here's the guts of that test.qml file i tried...

import QtQuick 2.0

Rectangle {

Rectangle {
id: buttonToChange;

width: 100
height: 100

anchors.centerIn: parent

color: "#00ff00"

state: kv.value("button.color").val
states: [
State {
name: "red";
PropertyChanges { target: buttonToChange; color: "#ff0000" }
}
]
}
}

now, here's the error I get...

root@pitft:~# /opt/girder/NetRemote --password=password --host=pitft
GirderConnection CA certificate not found "\ca.crt"
GirderConnection no server certificates found, SSL likely not to work.
GirderConnection::connected / server= false
QXcbIntegration: Cannot create platform OpenGL context, neither GLX nor EGL are enabled
Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior 2, swapInterval 1, profile 0)
Aborted

- Thanks for the support!

I've seen that behaviour with the file execute if Girder is running inproc. Just start NetRemote manually from the commandline instead of running it from the menu. This is something deep in the Qt/Linux/pthreads that causes this issue.