PDA

View Full Version : Random High CPU usage when sending by PIR-4

aldare
October 25th, 2015, 05:06 AM
Hi,

I am running Girder 5 with few PIR-4. Occasionally the CPU of system goes to 100% for 5-30secs. I was able to identify it as svchost.exe, the service was PlugPlay. When this peak happens, then Girder is not sending any IR, all is blocked. After this period everything seems to go through and be sent.
Finally (after few years :) I found out this might be because of IR sent to the unit.
Please find attached .gml that is causing the problems. There are 3 macros with IR commands :

macro "Bunch of off commands" - sends off command multiple times. This never causes CPU problems
macro "Bunch of on commands" - sends on command multiple times. This never causes CPU problems
macro "Mixed commands" - sends on and off commands from previous macros multiple times together. Sometimes it needs to be run more times, but withing 2-5 runs always causes CPU peaks

If you were able to help me with that, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Ales

Ron
October 27th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Try the updated PIR-1 / PIR-4 plugins.

Exit Girder 5 completely
Unzip this into the plugin sub directory of Girder.
Restart Girder
Make sure you have version 1.1.1 of the PIR-4 and PIR-1 plugins.

aldare
November 1st, 2015, 06:04 AM
Ron,

Thank you for prompt answer.
Sorry for the delayed answer, I was out of home.

New plugins seem to solve the problem for this test .gml. I will see in future whether it really solves CPU peaks of my home automation system. But odds are it will :)

Thanks again, your support is still 100% in helping my problems!

Ales