PDA

View Full Version : newbie question about irtrans plugin

sacerdoteuk
November 5th, 2015, 12:09 PM
hi everyone. I am a total newbie with Girder. I have been going through the documentation to get Girder to work with my Irtrans infrared blaster. The problem I am getting is that the plugin doesn't show up in the main window even after I have enabled it in the settings -> plugins. I tried adding the keyboard input as in the first tutorial and it showed up briefly then disappeared. What am I doing wrong?

Ron
November 5th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Once you enable the plugin under file->settings, then go to the device manager and press the "add component" button (looks like a puzzle piece). There enter the IP address of the IRTrans server ( probably 127.0.0.1 ). Then you'll be able to use your IR Trans.

sacerdoteuk
November 6th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Thank you for the prompt response. I had actually done that too. The device manager shows a component labelled "IRTrans Server 192.168.0.9" and the component is enabled. But there's nothing in any of the main Girder window lists. Where should it show up?

Ron
November 6th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Click on the newly created component (IRTrans Server 192....) then click on add device. I don't have a IR Trans here right now but if I remember correctly you can then add IR codes.