View Full Version : limited physical movement question

November 14th, 2015, 08:00 PM
this question is aimed mainly at Ron but i will take input from anyone.

I am working on a proof of concept demo for one of my clients that is a disabled vat and confined to a wheelchair, I have managed to workout all the lighting controls, hvac,audio you know the important stuff :) but the one thing they really need working is skype or hangouts. I will be honest I dont care how it can done girder, eg, shell scripts. but I can't figure out a way to reliably control either from a remote control. I figure you may have already set something up somewhere and could point me in the right direction.

November 16th, 2015, 07:37 AM
What kind of assistive tech device does your client have?

November 16th, 2015, 02:55 PM
As of yet none other than an electric wheelchair non their vison hearing and all is good they just have very little physical movement that they are capable of. It is actually the wife that has me trying to put something g together in hopes of conveniencING him to use it as he doesn't want anything.

She asked for everything to be built around a small rf remote which is easy enough other than the skype/hangouts. I have looked into the hangouts api for selineum but I haven't gotten very far with it so. I was hoping you may have had a better suggestion.