View Full Version : Z-WAVE on RaZBerry - error adding plugin

December 6th, 2015, 04:06 PM
I have RaZBerry with Z-Wave modul and I need to add Z-wave actions like switch lights, ...
I have sitched on Z-Wave plugin on settings.
But I cannot to add z-wave device on my Girder I can start learn mode, but nothing hapens.
On the same raspberry is installed RaZberry SW and there works all.
How should be prepared raspberry for using z-wave device at girder and can it work on RaZBerry together?
I cannot to find related documentation to z-wave device on Girder.
Thank you

December 6th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Make sure you are not running the Razberry SW while Girder is trying to access the module. I've used that same module successfully. You must turn on the serial port support for the RPI and disable the serial console of Linux.

December 8th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Hi, I installed the raspian without RaZBerry SW, disabled serial console, and now it seemes the communication to Z-Wave modul works, the divice Z-Wave controller is not grey. Thank you
Othervise I cannot to add any z-wave device. The old devices from RaZBerry was shown, but no new device is possible to add. I tried to reset Z-WAVE controller, the old Z-Wave devices are away,but no new devices can I add.
I tried start learn mode, normally shlould the z-wave modul blink green, here not. I start learn mode on devices, no new device.

December 8th, 2015, 11:24 AM
If you did a controller reset the old devices will not be able to register. They need resetting too. This is a bit counter intuitive, but they still think the network is there and they are registered as such they do not respond to 'add mode'. What you need to do is first click on 'remove' (the red X) then press the button on the device that needs to be removed. It's OK for Girder to not even know this device, the remove will succeed. After it does press the green + and press the associate button on the ZWave device. Also it's possible that you need to unlink/remove all devices before you start adding them again to prevent them from interfering.

December 8th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Yes, thank you. I tried some other devices and it works. Some other devices not, dimmer from Fibaro, PIR from Vision.
Which of function has Learn mode?
Thank you