PDA

View Full Version : System/Shellexecute command under Linux

kimagure
December 9th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Hi

Should the System/ShellExecute command work with the Linux version of Girder ?

I tried running a simple binary from /usr/bin and all I get is a "Not Found" error in the Logger window.

I did not found additional information in the /var/log/girder.log file. Is this the only log file used for Girder Linux ?

Thanks

K.

Ron
December 9th, 2015, 07:02 PM
I just tried with /usr/bin/who and that worked as far as I can tell. What is the exact command line and what did you fill into the session box?

The session box must be empty, if not it will run on the front-end that matches the session setting instead of on the back-end which you probably intended.

kimagure
December 10th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Hi

The command I was intending to run is the lirc /usr/bin/irsend command, with some parameters in the "parameters" field to send a IR command trough my USB-UIRT.

I just tried with the same command as you (/usr/bin/who), leaving all the other fields with defaut value (including an empty "session", flag "SHOWNORMAL" and verb "open").

The Apply and Test button results in a "Girder / Not found" message in the log.

I'm running the front-end on my windows machine, and the back-end on a debian 7 32-bits box.

K.

Ron
December 10th, 2015, 02:24 PM
We have a 32 bit build for debian?

kimagure
December 10th, 2015, 02:26 PM
nope, it's a 64bits version, sorry...

Ron
December 10th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Ah I see you are using the Windows Specific ShellExecute function, this only works on the front-ends (running on Windows). Use the system/execute to do stuff on your linux boxes.

kimagure
December 10th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Yes, much better, thanks !
It's working fine... A bit confusing though :)

Ron
December 10th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Sorry about that. The "Not Found" you were getting referred to the missing plugin on the linux side, not the missing file. I'll see how I can handle that a bit better.