PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Girder6 front-end, back-end

MarBe
December 10th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Please, help me understand front-end, back-end installations.
I have Girder6 installed on RPI as full install with front-end and back-end too. I want to set this RPI Girder from my WIN PC, where I have full install too.

1. If I run on my win PC remote Girder Remote, action tree is empty even if I have at local Girder tree and from locat Girder on RPI I see it.
2. But if I run on RPI Girder in process option, I see action tree on my PC Girder remote too
3. But if I run on RPI Girder in process option, I get error on connection to my PIR1 device, the device get loops between arrived and removed. The Z-Wave controller hangs up too.

What is correct using for this combination?
Thank you

Ron
December 10th, 2015, 02:06 PM
On the RPI Girder should be running as a background process. It should be started by the init system. Do not run Girder inproc on the RPI. Make sure you only have one Girder instance running on the RPI. Then when you start Girder on your WIN PC click on local network find the "raspberrypi" girder instance, enter the password ( default = girder ). Then click "OK".

MarBe
December 10th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Yes, thank you, now I can understand it. But it is something unconprehencive. I would expect, that if I run on the same PC Girder console inproc or the same PC as Girder remote, it would start the same instance on girder back-end.
Thank you for help.