View Full Version : Netremote samples

December 24th, 2015, 07:14 AM

Now that I have my backend needs almost covered (I have still some lua scripts to migrate, but it should not be very difficult), I want to look at the next big step : the GUI.

My first interfaces for Girder 5 were made with Netremote/lua a few years ago.

I recently made some very nice lookin GUIS with the iViewer app from one of your competitors. This allows very nice interactive GUIs to run on iPads or Android tablets, with powerful integration of client-side javascript. I use HTTP and UDP broadcast to interact with girder or dispatch variable changes. Their windows-based designer is pretty neat too.

Now that I (almost) migrated to Girder 6, I'd like to build my GUI with Netremote, especially because I bought a nice cheap Windows 10 "tablet" that would make a cool device to interact with my home automation systems.

I understand there is no Netremote specific designer. All GUI should be made by hand, or using the QT Creator, that is not very well integrated with Girder QML.

Do you have already available complex NR GUIs that you could share ? This would be a good starting point to understand the basics.
Looking at already built things is usually more efficient than starting from a blank page...

December 24th, 2015, 07:19 AM
First get the attachment from this post: http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?21887-Qt-Creator-as-NetRemote-designer&p=151307#post151307

It will expose the various functions and types that Girder uses to Qt Creator. Then get debugview and run the created QML file in NetRemote. Note the Reload command in the system menu ( Click on Top Right Handle Icon in Title Bar).

Next NetRemote Dynamic is pretty complex and it's available in the UI sub directory of Girder, in fact you'll find several examples there.

Also QML has lots of good resources. For example http://qmlbook.github.io/

December 24th, 2015, 07:32 AM

I'll have a look to those files in the UI folder, and try to start QML project...

I'll come back if I have specific questions.