PDA

View Full Version : Macros : adding a pause between 2 action

kimagure
January 16th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Hi

Is it possible to add a delay between 2 actions in a macro ?

I have macro that turns on my receiver and switches to the correct HDMI Input. Without a pause, the input selection does not work because the receiver is not fully powered before the input selection command is sent.

I can do it through scripting using "delay.run" to add a delay between the "switch on" and "select input" actions, but I don't know I can do it using only actions from the action tree. Is this possible ?

There was a "sleep" action in Girder 5 but I did not find it in Girder 6.

Thanks

K.

Ron
January 16th, 2016, 07:09 PM
Yep, flow control -> wait.

kimagure
January 17th, 2016, 06:16 AM
There is a "Target" button to select a running app or window, and all other items in the "Flow Control" tree are related to other running process, so I though it was also related to waiting for another process.

I understand from your answer that I can use the Wait action between 2 other actions in my macro with a only a "timeout" configured, and this will add a pause between these 2 actions ?
I'm going to test this ASAP.

On a side note, I switched from a full Debian box to a Rasperry Pi (because I'm more a RedHat/Centos guy and I do not want to run a debian box only for girder in addition to my main Linux server). I was concerned by the performance (on a Pi 1b) but it seems to work pretty well !

K.