PDA

View Full Version : Girder & UIRT - transmit strength

ih8gates
January 26th, 2016, 10:46 PM
I ran into something weird. I decided it was time for Girder to control the on/off of the XBOX One that we got for Christmas. I learned codes from my Harmony remote, but the codes didn't seem to work. I finally got them to work if I positioned the UIRT so that it was aiming at the XBOX. I tried downloading CCFs of the codes and had the same experience. With every other component that I control with Girder + UIRT, the reflected IR signal that the UIRT floods the room with is rock-solid. It seems weird to me that this wouldn't be the case with the XBOX.

I've got it working now because I had a spare plug-in IR transmitter for the UIRT that I was able to position directly in front of the XBOX's IR receiver, but I'd prefer to not have that set up.

Is there a portion of the learned code (or CCF) that sets transmit strength?

Ron
January 27th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Sorry, transmit strength is not part of the CCF code. It's always at maximum. Did you try and clean up the code with the IR workshop? If it recognizes the code family that might help.

ih8gates
January 27th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Did you try and clean up the code with the IR workshop? If it recognizes the code family that might help.

I think I used the IR workshop correctly - I opened it and used it's learn function. It's 99.8% sure the code is NEC. I used "copy generated code to CCF box", then used that in my girder action. No luck.

Incidentally, when using the IR workshop, I couldn't select UIRT as the IR out. I had to copy the code to my Girder action and "save and apply" to test.

I can live with the emitter - I just prefer simplification if it's possible.

Anyone else controlling an XBOX One with Girder and a USB-UIRT?