PDA

View Full Version : Saving codes

elf
January 29th, 2016, 05:53 PM
Once a button is learned is it saved, if so where? After learning a button, hitting save all and exiting Girder and reopened the program and there was no sign of my code. What's the point in having a save button if it doesn't save anything.

Ron
January 31st, 2016, 04:34 PM
Well that all depends on how you learned. Did you use the Girder Tree or the Device Manager to learn?

elf
January 31st, 2016, 06:09 PM
Hi Ron, thanks for the reply. I apologize for my "what's the point remark", it wasn't necessary. I used the girder tree, also I've learned the codes of my cablebox but it's not in the web list. How do I manually get them from the girder tree to my cablebox in device manager? The manual and all of the videos uses the web boxes, no mention of what to do if your box is not on the list and does not match up with any of those that are.

Thank you for the help and all of the hard work you do.

Ron
January 31st, 2016, 07:08 PM
No need to apologize!

You can copy the CCF codes (aka IR codes) from the Girder tree actions and paste them into an IR control in the device manager. Does that make sense?

What hardware are you trying to control?

elf
January 31st, 2016, 08:18 PM
windows 8 pc
usb uirt
mag254 set top box (cablebox)

Yes it makes sense. I have tried but I can't get it to paste anywhere. Where exactly do I paste, should I try to use ir workshop inside of device manager? I hate to ask but could you give me a detailed description?

elf
January 31st, 2016, 11:27 PM
Thanks Ron, you are right...copy and paste. It took me awhile to figure out the details but I have it now.