PDA

View Full Version : Events either delayed or not getting through to Girder

Howzat
March 9th, 2016, 03:11 AM
Hi,

I've upgraded to a new computer earlier this year and as such am continually installing new programs to get back up to speed. Girder was one of the 1st to be installed and once set up properly was working well. However somewhere along the line something happened which has resulted in events either being delayed, or prevented altogether, from getting to Girder.

Here's a video that shows what's going on:

https://youtu.be/cvLYH5wrCp4

I usually trigger events with my voice recognition software calling csevent with the relevant arguments, but used a batch file in the video for illustrative purposes, the behaviour is exactly the same. If I run the file then the event may get to Girder straight away, within a couple of seconds, or not at all (which is mostly what happens).

Any idea Ron what may be causing this weird behaviour?

Thanks, Tom

Ron
March 9th, 2016, 08:02 AM
I've looked at your video and recreated the batch file here but I am unable to recreate the delay you are seeing. Is your Girder instance doing something at that time? Maybe a blocking script? Can you turn on the keyboard input plugin and run your test again after you click "open" on the batch file just press a few keys and see if those do arrive in the event log. Also try running the batch file from a command prompt and see if you are getting any errors.

Howzat
March 12th, 2016, 12:41 AM
Hi Ron,

I turned on keyboard input and came up with this video:

https://youtu.be/OvGEhWiPBxw

It seems to be running in a cycle, 15 seconds of no response, then five seconds of normal response. It buffers all of the keypresses in the 15 seconds of not responding. However it only seems to buffer 5 or so seconds of csevent.exe events, in addition to 5 seconds of normal response.

I restarted my computer with every start-up item disabled and it still happened. Also disabled Windows Defender without effect.

Weird!

Ron
March 12th, 2016, 06:16 AM
Can you disable all plugins, but the keyboard plugin and then see if it still does it. If it still is having trouble 'disable' all GMLs (right click on the toplevel action tree nodes and uncheck "enabled").

Howzat
March 13th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Still having the same problem with all plug-ins disabled, the same with disabling GMLs.

Interestingly there is also the occasional big delay when I am disabling and enabling plug-ins. But there is no delay when I click to scroll the plug-in window. Video here: https://youtu.be/GrG5jd0_7Ro

Howzat
July 17th, 2016, 05:08 AM
Hi Ron, I'm still having this problem with Girder. Starting to get a bit frustrating! Did you have any thoughts on what might be going on? Anything else I can try to help troubleshoot it? Thanks, Tom

Ron
July 20th, 2016, 06:56 AM
Are you running the ZWave plugin?

Howzat
July 20th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Are you running the ZWave plugin?

Yes I am, but this problem started before I had installed it.

Ron
July 25th, 2016, 06:40 AM
Can you make the delay happen regularly enough that I could see it in a remote session? If so I'd like to try that when we are back, I'm on the road for at least a week or two still unfortunately.

Howzat
July 26th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Can you make the delay happen regularly enough that I could see it in a remote session? If so I'd like to try that when we are back, I'm on the road for at least a week or two still unfortunately.

Yes it is always behaving the same way so can definitely demonstrate it in a remote session. Just let me know when, I'm in Australia so hopefully can get around time zones for a time that suits.

Ron
August 8th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Alright things have settled down a bit. What times work for you? (I'm on Pacific time)

Howzat
August 9th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Alright things have settled down a bit. What times work for you? (I'm on Pacific time)

Hi Ron, so that's Pacific Daylight Time and 7 hours behind UTC? I'm 10 hours ahead of UTC. I have carers to get me up in the morning and can't be on my computer until about 10 AM (5 PM your time?) Is that any good for you? I stay awake late of a night but probably can't do what's needed on the computer from bed so would be unable to do it at the other end of the day.