PDA

View Full Version : z-wave documentation and feature requests

caseyp
April 5th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Hi Ron,

It sure would be nice if when you get some time (hopefully soon) you could finish the documentation for the z-wave plugin in the manual. I've not been able to figure out what some of the things do and searching through the forums has been less than helpful. I have another thread on here dealing with a Wayne Dalton WDHA-12R gateway and some of this could be helpful. I've seen another thread where a user asked for clarification on some z-wave features and there weren't any replies. This is where the manual would sure come in handy. To be specific, it would be nice to know what "Learn Mode" does and what "network wide" is.

I see in the manual you've started some interesting topics such as "How to copy the controller", "How to place the controller in learn mode" (not sure what this is and I'd like to know more), "How to include the controller into existing network", and "Association Support" however you've never actually finished these sections.

While I'm at it I'd like to request some additional features for the plugin.
1. Primary controller backup and restoration
2. Live status (showing live events on the z-wave network as they happen)
3. Feedback when buttons are pressed such as the controller reset buttons (as it is you can't tell if they're doing anything)
4. Live feedback during the addition and removal of z-wave nodes. (See HomeSeer if you'd like an example of this (Should also show any errors that occur during this process))
5. Support for secondary controllers (w/ scenes maybe?)

Thanks,
Casey