PDA

View Full Version : same Netremote page is different on Rpi + Windows (Girder 6) Rpi (Jessie)

declan slater
April 21st, 2016, 10:33 AM
I noticed that some pages I create on netremote windows7 (VirtualMachine/OSX) don't work right at all, if I load the same page on the Rpi (TightVncServer - watch out for the wacky keyboard...), that same page is a totally different page. If I create a new page directly on the Rpi, it shows up the same on the PC. With both windows open at the same time, I can delete the page on the Rpi and it disappears on both screens at the same time. If I load the page that I exported from the pc, into the Rpi, then both pages reappear instantly, but are totally different. I would create the page directly on my Rpi2, but it is super slow and my wife is already on my case... I guess I'm running as root on the Rpi, is that my problem or something?

Thanks Ron, for the support!

I (think) that I attached the .dyb file as a .txt file on this page (it would not let me attach the .dyb file directly, so rename it with the correct extension).

declan slater
April 21st, 2016, 07:01 PM
So... I guess - Could you tell me the exact location where and what the file is that holds that info on the Rpi, so I can maybe have a peek at it?

Also, how come it takes so long sometimes to get netremote to load? Might there be a way to "hardwire" the app to avoid the sometimes long procedure it takes to make the network connection? If I try to directly pump the ip and port (1024) into netremote, it never seems to take, and I always have to have it "find" the Girder instance over the network (wait 30sec - 2min)...

Thanks!

Ron
April 21st, 2016, 07:19 PM
/opt/girder

Both the windows and the RPI version use the exact same QML files. Differences could be caused by the graphics drivers on the RPI.

declan slater
April 21st, 2016, 10:15 PM
Ok, do you know what file is responsible for the pages used in netremote then? I REALLY tried, I just can't get it to work, the PC won't change the darn page correctly, and the stupid keyboard won't work right over VNC, I even tried a "Virtual keyboard" (http://ozzmaker.com/virtual-keyboard-for-the-raspberry-pi/) - and of course... that had the exact same wacky screwed up keyboard problem - that only happens in Girder, every other program is fine, nuts...

If I export the file from the PC, it's 7K, and If I export the file from the Rpi, it's only 3K, missing everything but one button that I added manually on the Rpi at some point in the past. If I copy the file directly into the Rpi, and import it in netremote, the same problem happens over again - looks great on the PC but does not work, and missing all sliders and buttons except one on the Rpi...

If I edit the file on the PC to change the name of the page to something else, import it into the Rpi and Netremote, then edit Netremote to add a new button for the new page, I cannot edit the name and reference to the new page on the button because the keyboard is jacked... Grrr...

sorry for the trouble...

Thanks in advance for any help...

declan slater
April 22nd, 2016, 03:57 PM
Dang... Talk about frustrating... I'm sorry to be such a pain...

So, get this... I hook up a display/keyboard/mouse and go direct into the pi after another failed attempt using x11vnc this time resulting in the exact same keyboard issues...

I go into Netremote, import the "working" 7K exported netremote page from the pc that I edited had manually renamed as "Insteon" inside the first line in the file, directly into netremote on the Rpi, created the link to the new "Insteon" page, clicked the link and - it comes up as the same broken page as before with only one working button... nuts...

I export that page, it's 3K now... I would try to edit the file that holds all the netremote information on the Rpi manually, but I don't know if that's even possible.

I'm dizzy from chasing my tail on this one... Gotta quit for a while.

Thanks though.

declan slater
April 22nd, 2016, 08:22 PM
Ended up wiping out everything and starting over from scratch... oh well.