PDA

View Full Version : Target program not getting events.

bluethunder
July 5th, 2016, 03:28 PM
Hi all.

I have a simple set up. NextPVR windows 7 box, usb-uirt with IR Blaster.

I've been running girder 3 for ages, but a recent update has it crashing once and a while.

I installed Girder 6 trial, and fought my way through setting up the remote, IR blaster, and NextPVR commands. I tried to do an import of the girder 3 .gml, but it didn't import correctly.

Now, about 3/4 of the time, the remote commands are mapped correctly into NextPVR. (up, ok, down, left, right, etc). Then NextPVR will just completely stop getting commands for the remote.

If I log into the machine, and use the keyboard commands in NextPVR, it works fine.
If I open the event, and click "Apply and Test" it works fine.

If I open the logger, i can watch the event triggered, and the usb-uirt correct code come in.

I've tried setting the target to both "Foreground", and drag to target. I've also set it to match substring.

Restarting girder seems to be the only way to fix it.

** Note **
The odd thing I've found, was when I got it in the stuck state this time, I went to TV Guide. The left and right buttons remote buttons were doing a full day, not a single show. This only happens when CTRL+Left/Right is used. Since the logger doesn't show exactly what is being sent key wise to NextPVR, this is only a guess.

Ron
July 5th, 2016, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the report. The note points to the Ctrl key getting stuck virtually. This would be triggered by one of the "Control-XXX" actions, like Ctrl-S or Ctrl-K. Looks you set most to Foreground match, but not all. TV Rec, Progress bar, more info and audio stream are still targeted. Also switch audio looks complex, for testing purposes can you just disable that one?

Are you on 32 or 64 bits? I'll probably have to do a few builds to hammer this bug out.

bluethunder
July 5th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the report. The note points to the Ctrl key getting stuck virtually. This would be triggered by one of the "Control-XXX" actions, like Ctrl-S or Ctrl-K. Looks you set most to Foreground match, but not all. TV Rec, Progress bar, more info and audio stream are still targeted. Also switch audio looks complex, for testing purposes can you just disable that one?

Are you on 32 or 64 bits? I'll probably have to do a few builds to hammer this bug out.

Hi and thanks for the quick response.

I am on 32bit, windows 7.

I have a mish-mash of targets, as I've been trying everything to work around it.

I'll disable the audio changer, I don't use it very often.

Ron
July 6th, 2016, 07:24 AM
I've attached a keyboard dll that forces foreground targeting only and has debug output. First step let's see if this one continues to work as expected. From there we'll branch into different paths as to what could be wrong. Please download and run DebugView (found here (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/debugview.aspx))

replace the keyboard.dll in the plugins directory with the attached version. Run it as long as it usually took to see the bug (how long was that?) then report back your findings and copy and paste the log from debugview here as well.

bluethunder
July 10th, 2016, 02:06 PM
I've attached a keyboard dll that forces foreground targeting only and has debug output. First step let's see if this one continues to work as expected. From there we'll branch into different paths as to what could be wrong. Please download and run DebugView
replace the keyboard.dll in the plugins directory with the attached version. Run it as long as it usually took to see the bug (how long was that?) then report back your findings and copy and paste the log from debugview here as well.

It took a few days since I saw the bug happen (I set up the new .dll the next day after you sent it). I've got debug view starting up as a task at startup. I was starting to wonder if the new keyboard.dll had magically fixed it.

Here is the log on the event that just happened (CTRL seems to be stuck again)

Cheers, joe

Ron
July 10th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Thanks for logging all that Joe. I will look into this tomorrow afternoon.

Ron
July 11th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Running behind with work,... have not forgotten about this...

Ron
July 12th, 2016, 01:18 PM
Had a look at that log but it doesn't contain the debug output that the plugin above generates. Use the attached plugin and make sure that when you restart Girder is shows "Keyboard Control DEBUG" as the plugin name.

bluethunder
July 16th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Had a look at that log but it doesn't contain the debug output that the plugin above generates. Use the attached plugin and make sure that when you restart Girder is shows "Keyboard Control DEBUG" as the plugin name.

The plug in now shows Keyboard Debug. Here is the latest one, with the ctrl key stuck.

bluethunder
August 5th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Any news?

Is there a chance I could get a code for Girder 5, to see if that works better? I've purchased girder 6 standard last month.

Ron
August 8th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Sorry we've been very busy moving. I'll prepare a G5 key for you. Please contact me at sales@promixis.com.

I'll also investigate your debug file this week.