View Full Version : Moving Girder 5 to Girder 6

July 29th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Hey Ron, Many thanks for directing me to video, big help. So now, how do I move all my actions in Girder 5 to Girder 6? Also I like to pin NetRemote Dynamic to the task bar but I can't open my remote from there. Can I only get there through Girder? Thanks, Pete

August 8th, 2016, 12:30 PM
You can do it by setting a few command line parameters. I'm going to update the installer to create that shortcut.

If you'd like to do that before I get the new installer, edit the netremote shortcut and change the "Target" to this:

"C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder 6\netremote.exe" --host=localSocket --password=girder --gui="file:///C:/Program Files/Promixis/Girder 6/ui/dynamicButtons/DynamicButtons.qml"

Or download the attached zip file with shortcut. This all assumes you installed in the default directory on the C drive.

August 8th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Hi Ron, I am nowhere near the computer guy that you are. I don't know how to set command line parameters. I tried to use the zip file but I got this error:
Netremote.exe - system error
The program can't start because CrashRpt1402.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Sorry, I need something easier. Pete

August 14th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Ron, from using Girder 6 these are my questions:
Getting Girder 5 to 6?
Getting Pioneer receiver volume buttons to my NetRemote DirecTV controls??
Assigning a new page, page number, and can that new page be a different component??
Assigning remote control buttons for a component that is not in the web library??