PDA

View Full Version : corrupt or invalid message when trying to update Girder

GBC
August 5th, 2016, 05:03 PM
When I try to download the update to Girder I get an error message telling me that the signature is either corrupt or invalid. I haven't been able to update Girder for quite a while because of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ron
August 8th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Is this on Linux?

GBC
August 8th, 2016, 01:34 PM
No. It's in Windows 10.

Ron
August 8th, 2016, 02:08 PM
When you right click on the downloaded installer, select properties does it show the digital signature tab with a valid signature from Promixis, LLC? If not something modified the download along the way. The installers are correct and verified on the site.

GBC
August 8th, 2016, 04:45 PM
When I right click on the download link in the about tab I get the message "Copy Link Location".

Ron
August 8th, 2016, 05:16 PM
So first download the installer. Then do the steps above on the downloaded installer using the file explorer in windows.

GBC
August 9th, 2016, 11:53 AM
I did that and it worked, but I still got the error message; I just ignored the message and Girder installed normally.
I had been using Dragon NaturallySpeaking with Girder without any problems, but now it doesn't work with the latest version of Girder.

Thanks for the help.

Ron
August 10th, 2016, 04:34 PM
If the download was corrupted I am not sure what would happen, but that is never a good start.

Can you go through the steps outlined in this thread here and see if you can get a successful download?

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/163290-computer-unable-to-download-any-files-without-them-being-corrupt/

GBC
August 11th, 2016, 11:06 AM
I'm already running Norton Internet Security and have been for years. I don't know if the other security will work with Norton, but I'll try it.
I failed to mention in my original message that Norton Security shows that the file is safe, while Microsoft security says it's bad and only offers me the option to delete it.