PDA

View Full Version : Girder+Colossus+USBUIRT

itprotj-ban
August 17th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Hey guys

I currently have a couple of colossus cards hooked into Windows Media Center and currently use IRSS to control channel changing. However this is most unreliable with every few channel changes failing to blast a digit correctly causing general tv viewing frustrating at times. I've been reading up about the USB-UIRT and it seems to be the solution to my problems.. A hub of sorts that controls up to 3 IR blasters. Before I go ahead and grab one I need to know if theres software out there that suit the purpose of the colossus channel changing protocol of sorts.

The colossus MCE plugin tells each card how to change channels and at the moment this is what runs on each channel change. (Note I am currently using a MCE IR device for this)
Card 1 C:\Program Files (x86)\IR Server Suite\IRBlast-NoWindow.exe -host localhost -port Port_1 -delay 950 -channel %c
Card 2 C:\Program Files (x86)\IR Server Suite\IRBlast-NoWindow.exe -host localhost -port Port_2 -delay 950 -channel %c

-port parameter defines which IR blaster port
-channel defines what channel to send to the set top box

My question is can Girder work this way? so the colossus MCE plugin can call an external command program with parameters to change channels?

Even better would be if I didn't need a USBUIRT and that Girder could control my standard MCE blaster receiver/emitter device.

I've taken the liberty of searching your forum and find mixed responses and only vague references to people having similar setups.

Thanks.

Ron
August 18th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Yes, Girder can be called via csevent.exe. This can then trigger an IR send on a PIR-1, PIR-4 or a USB-UIRT.

itprotj-ban
August 19th, 2016, 05:41 AM
Yes, Girder can be called via csevent.exe. This can then trigger an IR send on a PIR-1, PIR-4 or a USB-UIRT.

When you say trigger an IR send to USB-UIRT can you tell it what emitter on it to blast to?
From what I read on their site theres two emitters on the front of the unit and one external emitter on the back.

Thanks!

Ron
August 19th, 2016, 11:37 AM
I think the USB-UIRT can, but I know for sure that the PIR-1 ( 3 individually addressable outputs ) or PIR-4 ( 8 individually addressable outputs ) can do that.