View Full Version : Philips Hue Support coming

September 10th, 2016, 06:20 PM
We're working on Philips Hue support and have basic interaction working. If anyone wants to mess around (at scripting level ) I've attached the source and GML showing how to use this.

Things left to do:

1. Add auto bridge detection
2. Add Device Manager integration

Unzip the attached files into your Girder directory.

September 13th, 2016, 07:38 PM
I just purchased 8 LIFX bulbs. Are there any plans to implement the LIFX API at any point? I haven't bought my G6 license yet, but I'm seriously considering working it into my budget in the next few weeks and you guys would definitely fill a void if you worked out something with the LIFX LAN API. Right now the bulb control is dependent on an internet connection, which is a weakness, IMHO. I don't think that there is any way to control them over the LAN without a server and that sounds to me like a perfect job for Girder!

December 21st, 2016, 11:52 PM
I'm glad to see hue support coming Ron. Any idea when device manager integration will come? I've been planning on adding some hue products for quite some time and I think that time is coming soon.

December 27th, 2016, 08:36 PM
I spent the last couple of days playing around with a set of 2nd gen hue bulbs and I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed. It's hard for me to believe Philips put these on the market at such a ridiculous price as pathetic as they are at creating greens and blues. I also found the brightness to be a bit lacking so I've decided I'm returning them and getting LIFX Z strips.

From what I can tell the LIFX products are superior in color, brightness, and responsiveness. The problem I see is their LAN protocol is some sort of binary protocol over UDP/IP and I'm having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around it so I don't know that it's something I can handle writing. This is the unfortunate side of Girder. I think it's a great product and Ron is a great guy but I think he stays pretty busy and doesn't have enough time or resources to add all the products and features folks would like to see. Anyway, If I happen to figure anything out I'll be sure to post it for anyone interested.