PDA

View Full Version : Insteon Thermostat from Girder?

Medeksza
December 20th, 2016, 08:28 AM
I purchased a new Insteon 2441TH thermostat to add to my system but am having trouble integrating it into Girder. I want to define several temperature/setting setpoints and then have Girder control it. I have Girder 6 running on a raspberry pi connected to a Insteon PLM. I tried to link the thermostat as a responder and girder as a controller. The thermostat appears in the devices tab but does not appear in the main devices list (see attached picture). How do I get it to the main list so I can actually control it? Thanks

Ron
December 20th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Looks like that code is currently disabled. If you are so inclined to can turn it on by changing line 38 from

--]]

to

-- ]]

(add a space between the dashes and the brackets). The code might need tweaking...

Edit: Of course I should mention which file that is: <lua>insteonPLM/profiles/Cat5.lua

Medeksza
December 27th, 2016, 11:07 AM
I made the change and the thermostat now appears in my list. However, it doesn't seem to respond to any commands sent from girder. I tried changing the setpoint to different temperatures as well as the mode (off, heat, fan) and the thermostat doesn't change.

Medeksza
August 7th, 2017, 04:24 PM
I am still unable to control the insteon thermostats via Girder and the PLM. I have no problem controlling anything else in the house, just can't control the thermostats. I do see the thermostats after making the suggested change. But it just doesn't respond to any commands. Any other suggestions you can offer?