PDA

View Full Version : Disable AutoStart Girder Service on Windows

25TCP
February 23rd, 2017, 11:56 AM
I searched high and low but to no avail...

I had Girder running back-end on Windows 10. I've now successfully migrated that to a Raspberry Pi.

I can't figure out how to stop the Girder service from running at startup on Windows.

I don't see it listed in Windows Services, nor does the Girder6.exe that shows it is running in Task Manager link to a service.

If I quit (right-click system tray icon) and then manually run Girder Remote, I get this screen. Seems to indicate that the service is not installed. (I also reinstalled Girder to see if I could overwrite any setting which may have been triggering the service.)

Anyone have the answer -- which I'm certain will be soooo simple but escapes me.

Thanks!

Ron
February 23rd, 2017, 09:44 PM
Besides the service Girder doesn't install itself as a startup app. Maybe this tool will help you find where it's launching:

https://www.howtogeek.com/74523/how-to-disable-startup-programs-in-windows/

25TCP
February 27th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Besides the service Girder doesn't install itself as a startup app. Maybe this tool will help you find where it's launching:

howtogeek.com/74523/how-to-disable-startup-programs-in-windows/

Sorry for the delay. For unrelated reasons, I had to rebuild my Windows machine so the issue is no longer pertinent. Thanks again for the reply.