PDA

View Full Version : "Cool" Bug

Ron
October 13th, 2002, 03:55 PM
I've searched the source but I cannot even find a reference to "Cool", what keyboard plugin are you using ?

And I cannot disable the blinking for now but I'll add it do the todo list. You can however assign a different icon to the girder traybar icon. If you choose the same icon for the "Set Active TrayIcon" and "Set On trayIcon" then you won't see the blinking.

-Ron

Ron
Are you experimenting with your own plugins ? Because I found 1 reference to "Cool" in the Girder source tree, and that was in the "Skeleton" plugin... Try disabling plugins until you don't see the "Cool" anymore.

-Ron

Ron
No problem.

-Ron

Carmero
I have found a bug in keyboard plugin witn
version 3.0.22 and 3.0.23pre (it was absent in 3.0.21).
A small window with heading "Cool" and message "550000" appears when I type letter "u".

Carmero
P.S. Dear Ron! Couuld youu add option (in keyboard pluugin) to disable Girder reaction
on uundefined (in Girder) key presses?

Carmero
P.S. Dear Ron! Could you add option (in keyboard plugin) to disable Girder reaction
on undefined (in Girder) key presses?

Carmero
All versions!!! (Modified, Old, New etc.)!

Carmero
Maybe, the secret is not in plugin source,
as in Girder 3.0.21 all work fine?

Carmero
Eureka! Sorry, Ron. It is a Keyselecter plugin!
It is a "cooler"!

Carmero
Hi, Infrared!
I've downloaded your plugin directly from Girder site (some time ago). I don't knnnow,
was it beta or not.
Today I've downloaded new version from your
link. It seems to be unbuggy now. Thanks and
sorry for trouble...

BSchuler
Hey Ron,
Actually, I got that COOL error a few times myself. I diagnosed it to being when you hit a mapped key that is also mapped in windows or mapped in the current app. Say F1 brings up help in X program, but you mapped F1 in girder to run Winamp. Hitting F1 while in X program, will bring up help and girder will shoot out a COOL error. Atleast this is my take on it.....

It isn't a problem though, as it is easily solvable......

infrared
hmm.. you may have downloaded a "beta" version because the latest source code of my plugin doesn't contain any "cooler". I got rid of the cool messagebox that came with the skeleton and you can get 1.1 at http://mx6.net/~buttonmode

Jason

infrared
hehe no prob! Thanks for reporting the bug! Hope this plugins helpful to ya.. I should be done with that MouseAccel crap soon (actually I have a beta i'll upload to that site in a few mins)

Jason