PDA

View Full Version : 2 Quick Solutions.........

MatB
October 13th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Sorry, can't fins such plugin. Can you tell me the url?

BSchuler
1) If you use Winamp with Mp3 cd's, especially with 2 drives, you should check out the Fullplaylist by Kano plugin available via Winamp.com. This plugin for Winamp solves the problem of accidentally trying to load a playlist from an empty cd drive thus creating an unremoveable via remote Girder error (UNABLE TO FIND X:PLAYLIST.M3U). The plugin for winamp basically loads up all songs in whatever directory you give it...and if it is a cd drive, and the drive is empty...it just skips it. You can also change the scan directories on the fly, by overwritting the plug.ini file and restarting Winamp. I use this to automatically load into the playlist my cd drives, and my hard drive mp3 folders evertime I open winamp.

2) You can't change the windows desktop via the registry or any other means without rebooting, but a program called wallpaper changer by Brendan Ryan is the solution. It can change wallpaper on the fly via command line and updates the display when it does. Easily executeable within Girder. A Great way to remember keys...via a picture on your backround.

BSchuler
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/detail.jhtml?componentId=17554

Try the above... Winamp has it listed as Full Playlist by Keith Lea... but the plugin says Kano..(I guess it's a nickname).

I use it like I said, and have my Winamp with an extra large playlist with extra large fonts.. Makes it super easy to have a TV menu driven jukebox!! Just select the song, and go.. sweet!

BSchuler
Oh, I also forgot.. In Winamp, turn off SORT FILES ON LOAD, and turn READ TITLES to ON PLAY if using the plug in. Otherwise the plug-in hangs quite alot when your talking 300+ mp3s.

uthiroid
how do you guys set the fonts in the windows file open dialogue? i have a hard time reading those fonts....