PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Hardware Plugin? (Like the keyboard plugin)

Ron
October 13th, 2002, 04:55 PM
That would not be to hard to do. I think. :grin:

Ron
Yes combining with the keyboard plugin is also possible, don't know if it is smart,.. anyways try the keyboard plugin 2.0. No mouse support but an overhauled version.

Ron
No the keyboard plugin only catches keyboard events. It seems that your mouse driver sends these keyboard events.

Bates
I like the idea of a mouse hardware plugin. I'm looking at what is available now to see if I can do essentially the same thing, however, I want to handle the mouse displacements also (because they are coming from a remote control serial mouse like thingy). Keep talking. If I can find a good starting place, I may write one eventually.

Jim

oe1k
How possible would it be to make a mouse plugin, so that I can use the super-powerful features of Girder to respond to the two extra buttons on my "MS-Intellimouse Explorer" compatible 5-button optical wheel mouse? (This is a corded PS2/USB mouse.)

Any ideas?

Thanks for all the great stuff guys.

oe1k
Upon deeper thinking, wouldn't it be best to build this into the keyboard plugin? Then you could have different IR codes for Ctrl+Mouse Button 4, Shift+Mouse Button 4, etc.

How about it Ron?
-PS, the keyboard 1.2 driver doesn't work as well as the 1.1 driver for me: I can't do Ctrl+Button codes anymore (I'm using 1.1 again)

oe1k
Nope, the keyboard 2.0 doesn't work with Win98SE. I'll just stick with 1.1 for now.

oe1k
I just noticed that Gider 3.1 receives a 000A0000 keyboard event when I press the side buttons on my M$ Intellimouse Optical.
Ron, is this my system being weird, or the beginning of a combined keyboard+mouse driver? (Or is this now a feature in 3.2? I'm testing 3.2 beta 11 tonight when I get home).

My setup:
Windows 98SE
IBM Rapid Access Pro MM keyboard on PS2 (with no system drivers installed)
M$ Intellimouse Optical mouse on PS2 (with M$ IntelliPoint 4.01 driver)
-Richard

oe1k
Sorry Icthus, let me clarify my post:
I'm not looking for a way to program my mouse buttons right now, I'm just wondering if the keyboard plugin is being modified to support this, or if it is just a peculiarity of my system.

I've now tested it with 3.2 beta 11, and I now confirm that pressing the left and right side buttons on my 5-button mouse gives Girder a "00000000" keyboard event code. None of the other mouse buttons give any response in Girder. Am I the only one this happens on? Ron, does the keyboard driver look for mouse events at all?

-Richard

Icthus
I'm not sure about MS Intellimouse, but my Logitech scroll mouse has an icon in the control panel (and system tray), which lets me program the buttons to type something like Ctrl+P when pressed. Maybe you could change these settings for the mouse, rather than using another plugin to control it.

Icthus
Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q258892

mhe
I have no idea if this is even possible, so dont be to hard on me k ;D

Im used to logitechs mouseware and especially the feature called "hyperjump". Basically when i press my mousewheelbutton i get this: http://mhe.mine.nu/pictures/logitech.jpg

With that little menu i can close/minimize apps very fast , also rezize windows.

Now i use the Explorer 3.0 wich dont have any nifty features like this, is it possible to make this with girder? Maybe even a better more usable menu what do i know...