PDA

View Full Version : RealMagic Hollywood + code length

Yvonus
October 13th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Not so straightforward to test this one out :sad:

With other remotes (one that is supported by Doc S plugin), there are cases where the code is not aways the same with a unique button making it difficult to use this device.

Up to now, all I know about the RealMagic and Girder is that it returns a code (lcd display) which is may be 12 digits long.

And it seems not to change.

prometheus
October 13th, 2002, 04:55 PM
I tried using the RealMagic plugin (Cinfra) with my RealMagic receiver and noticed problems sending/receiving repeated commands.

I am hoping someone out there can confirm the following theory: I believe that the RealMagic receiver sends girder a three byte code for every signal it recieves. However, the Cinfra plugin expects a longer code and fills the remaining bytes with the next signal that RealMagic received. This means, pressing a button once (very quickly) will send girder a different code than holding the button down.

I tested this theory by viewing the received codes with the 'logging' plugin. Additionally, I modified the settings in the generic ir receiver by Monster and tested that for use with the RealMagic remote. With code_length=3, baud=1200, and increasing the transmit/receive time girder worked great. It worked with both repeated and non-repeated commands.

Could someone please confirm or negate this theory. (To make it easy to configure the generic ir server, copy the section below to the file uir_m.ini and place in the main girder directory).

Thanks.

uir_m.ini:

[PORT_SETTINGS]
PORT=0
BAUD_RATE=3

[DEVICE_SETTINGS]
INIT_STRING_ENABLED=0
INIT_STRING=IR
RESPONSE_ENABLED=0
RESPONSE=OK
CODE_LEN=3

[TIMINGS]